We understand the need for positive behaviour support and are committed through our comprehensive policies and procedures to safeguarding the vulnerable people under our care.
Our social care Support Workers and volunteers are fully trained to identify and recognise early signs and symptoms of abuse, prevent actual or potential harm, reduce risk and understand how to alert and follow our disclosure process.
At Index Care all our staff and volunteers receive safeguarding training as part of their induction process.
All staff and volunteers are expected to undergo 'refresher training', to keep them informed about their responsibilities of safeguarding for you, the service users in our care.
Summary of policies and procedures within our framework for protection against abuse:
- Adult Protection – staff are given regular opportunities to think about and talk about their work, to further enhance service delivery.
- Care Policy – ensuring staff are given ample time to know and understand the care policy/plans relating to each service user.
- Supported Person Feedback – listening to what service users and their families have to say about the care and support they are given.
- Complaints Procedure – so that lessons are learnt from mistakes and one-off incidents, so that they do not happen again.
- Whistle Blowing – for early identification of potential issues and risks.